CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Welcome Spring!

We had a late snowfall the other day, and it was the perfect snowman-making snow - nice and soft and wet. C got home from work and took the girls outside to play. L was thrilled with her little snowman!



Then C moved the snowman over onto the porch and helped make a second one. After a search for more rocks for the faces, we had two little snowmen and two very proud little girls.



It was only the next day that we had this sight through out back window - green spring grass with poor, melting snowmen.



We also had another springtime spectacle here. We heard on the news that the gates were being opened on the snake river to let water through to make more room for spring run-off. That means Shoeshone Falls was roaring in its glory this week. It's only ten minutes away, and just $3 to go see it, so we made the trip.

I was surprised to find out that the falls are 212 ft tall, 36 ft taller than Niagra Falls. I had always had the impression they were small - maybe 40-60 ft tall. Even when I went to the temple and saw the mural on the ordinance room, I still thought the falls were relatively small. I was pleasantly surprised. Wow, they really are worth a trip to see. I took too many pictures, a few of which I'll post here:



As you can imagine, pictures really don't to the falls justice.



Someone offered to take our picture for us.



I was just as facinated by the roiling water above the falls as I was with the falls themselves. It's almost a series of 10-20 ft falls over about 100 yards before going over the larger falls.











No comments: