CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hospital Hill 1/2 Marathon

I ran my second 1/2 marathon the weekend before girls camp. Zach brought the kids down for the finish. I finished within five minutes of the time I told him I would be done in so they were there waiting for me. I am going to start working on speed a little bit with my running and cut down on my mileage for a while to see if I get any faster. I read that more injuries occur when you run slower than a 10 minute mile, which is what I run right now. My goal is to get down to an eight minute mile but I am only going to run 3 miles a day until I get closer to my goal. This 1/2 marathon was super hilly such as the name. Hospital Hill 1/2 marathon. I was really happy with my time. Next year I think I will work on the down hills a little more so that my knees don't hurt half way through.

No comments: